Now that SAUC-e is over and the team have had some time to recover i feel that a large post is in order to let you know how we got on. This will cover our journey from beginning to end, including the highs and lows, starting from when we left Bristol. (Warning – long read – picture heavy)
v v v Click read more to see full post. v v v
The sauce team just finished cleaning up and fitting all of the metalwork that we got back from L.W.Jenkins Ltd and guess what . . . .
Seeing it all built makes me feel like all the time spent doing the parts in CAD were worth it in the end.
Just have to pick up and pack the hire car tomorrow ready to leave early on Wednesday.
Another busey day in the lab today with the rest of the SAUC-e team. We got the motor’s and drivers working, framework cut/built and sealed the hull up. Good news is its waterproof, bad news is we have to open it all back up tomorrow to fit all of the electronics back in. Hopefully we can have it driving around the uni pond by the end of tomorrow, can’t wait.
In order to secure our funding we have been given till the 14th to have the sub sealed, in the water and manually controllable. This is a lot to accomplish in only a week so its full speed ahead with progress to meet this deadline.
Today i have designed and cut the main electronics tray and a new sealing plate with holes for connectors. We have also been ordering parts like crazy in the hope that they will arrive before Friday.
The new hull has just come back from the painters and it looks awesome. It shows how much we have achieved already this year. New Sub, New Team, New Start.