So the new Hexapod hardware has been in use for a few weeks now. Thought you guys deserved some pictures of it assembled.
For a future project I need to build a completely waterproof brushless motor. Before I start at the deep-end I decided it would be best to make a smaller motor to get a better understanding of how brushless motors work. I ordered a few stators and a kit from gobrushless.com.
The motor has a 9 pole stator (3 poles per phase, 3 phases) and 12 neodymium magnets in the outer ring.
I wound each phase a different colour so that it was easier to follow what I was doing. the phases are joined together in the wye winding style.
Now to test it out: